How to Increase the Effectiveness of Your Video Marketing
Constructing a video for a business can be an effective tool to use when it comes to its marketing strategy. Whether you’re building a video on your own or using an outside team, the process can be time-consuming and requires a considerable amount of planning. Customers are 64-85% more likely to buy from your business after watching a video. What some may overlook is the actual promotional strategy of the finished video and how that can be aligned and integrated into a company’s marketing blueprint. This article is intended to clarify and suggest insight to help plan a business’s video promotional approach.
Write A Blog
Once your video is created, put together a blog about your video topic. It’s suggested that additional content that search engines can identify with your video, will increase search results as well as optimize your online presence. It is recommended to include the keyword of the video in the URL, with additional links and opportunity for sharing.
Pay to Promote
There are paid advertising opportunities on social channels for a reason – to take advantage of paid advertising for your video. Majority of social channels allow business’ or brands to expand reach and engagement with sponsored video posts. Utilize your customer lists, email lists or current followers to target your display ads.
Socialize To Optimize
Besides sharing the full-length video on a brand’s social channel, here is a bulleted list of tips and tricks to boost social engagement for a promoted video.
- Drop teasers of your video or create a trailer to develop your audience’s curiosity and interest.
- Pin your video to be a featured asset on your social pages if possible.
- Post your video in relevant communities where your audience would linger in and provide it to be a conversation topic.
- Add a call to action to your video to promote engagement with its viewers
- Join in with relevant conversations on social media pages and use it as sharable content with individuals.
- If your content is relevant to any social media influencers, team up with them and write a guest post on their site and pages to not only provide backlinks to videos and content but to increase reach and engagement as well. Also, ask if they’d be willing to share your content by themselves – no guest post needed.
Email Your Database
Not only does HTML5 video increase email click rates, but it’s also an additional audience to reach loyal customers who are more likely to share and engage with your brand. Test your video with your email list and figure out what kind of response you’re getting. It’s a great way to test your video before spending a large amount of money on other forms of paid media. Take a static photo or screenshot of your video and use it as a thumbnail. Then, link the thumbnail to your created video.
With all the great information out there about video marketing, there’s no reason not to start now! Follow these tips and tricks for how to increase the effectiveness of your video marketing and you’ll be a pro in no time!